Sunday, May 9, 2010

Nick Jonas takes batting practice with Rangers



Ah, the life of a pop star. One day melting the hearts of teenage girls, the next day taking batting practice in a major league stadium.
Nick Jonas, a Westlake resident and member of the wildly popular boy band Jonas Brothers, took early batting practice on Saturday at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.
"It was good, a lot of fun," said Jonas, who also shagged fly balls when the Rangers hit. "I'm on a slow pitch softball team and play third base, so I play as much as I can.
"I just love baseball. I have loyalty to three teams. Since I grew up in New Jersey, I like the New York Yankees. Joe Torre was always good to us, too, so I'm also a fan of the Dodgers. And, since I live here, I like the Rangers. It's tough when they play each other, though."
As far as the Rangers, several players knew of the band but nobody could name one of the Jonas Brothers songs. Ian Kinsler thought about it for a second, but couldn't come up with one. And Justin Smoak didn't even have to think twice after he said he hadn't heard any of their songs.
Still, Jonas signed plenty of baseballs Saturday. Even Rangers manager Ron Washington got a signed ball, except he immediately handed it over to former Royals great Frank White.
White didn't get it for himself, of course, but for his granddaughter.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com