Friday, October 16, 2009

Bayer Diabetes Care UK Partners With Pop Star Nick to Encourage Young People to Manage Their Diabetes



NEWBURY, England, October 15 /PRNewswire/ --
- To Launch the Partnership Bayer Invites Kids and Teens With Diabetes to Enter the "Express Your Simple Win Creativity Contest" for a Chance to Meet Nick in Person
- With Photos
Today, Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers has expanded his role as a diabetes ambassador to the UK with the announcement of a new partnership with Bayer Diabetes Care to provide young people and their families with the motivation and support they need to help simplify life with diabetes. Bayer Diabetes Care UK and Nick announced their partnership with Bayer making a donation to the Jonas Brothers Change for the Children Foundation to support Nick's goal of helping children with diabetes.
Nick, now 17, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 13. He is passionate about sharing his personal story because he knows so many young people like him can feel alone and even embarrassed by the condition. Nick feels that it is important to take what he's learned and what works for him and pass it along to others who may be feeling the same way.
"So many fans with diabetes from all over share their stories and thank me for being an inspiration to them. Nearly every day I hear from someone like me who says that I make them feel it's OK to have diabetes and it's really cool that I can do that," said Nick. "I know I'm lucky because I have a family that encourages me a lot. I want to give that same inspiration to other kids with diabetes, and working with Bayer lets me do that." Nick's passion for helping other young people with diabetes by sharing his experience is just one of the ways' he "gives back" to fans. He and his brothers, Kevin and Joe, started the Jonas Brothers Change for the Children Foundation through which they donate funds to several causes including pediatric diabetes research, education and treatment.

Read The Full Article

1 comments:

Symptoms of diabetes said...

Great initiative. Congrats!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com