Friday, August 20, 2010

Demi Lovato Wishes She'd Kept Relationship with Joe Jonas a Secret

Silence is golden: That's one lesson Demi Lovato has taken away from her brief high-profile romance with Joe Jonas.

After going through a very public breakup last spring, Lovato now says she wishes she'd kept her relationship with her Camp Rock 2 costar quiet.

"I learned my lesson," Lovato, 17, tells PEOPLE. "It's not very much fun when you break up in a public relationship. So, maybe next time keep a secret."

Though the Jonas Brothers member has been portrayed as a heartbreaker, following his split from other young stars like Taylor Swift, Lovato defends him.

"I know that he has the best intentions," she says. "Definitely most guys don't have the same intentions that he does."

'Want to Shout from Rooftops'

Still, Lovato admits it was tough to keep her feelings to herself once she started dating Jonas, 21, after they finished filming Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam. (It premieres on the Disney Channel Sept. 3 and airs through the Labor Day weekend.)

"You want to say to your fans, 'Guess what, I'm so in love with somebody.' You want to shout it from the rooftops. That's what you do when you fall in love," she says. "At the same time, I learned my lesson. You know, I'll go public when I marry someone one day."

While Jonas has been spotted out with Twilight star Ashley Greene – he declined to comment on whether or not they're dating – Lovato says she isn't in a rush to start a new love connection. "No new romances. I'm perfectly happy with being single. I feel like also if I was going to have a new romance, I'd keep it private," she says.

In the meantime, Lovato is touring with the Jonas Brothers and members of the Camp Rock 2 cast – and she and Jonas are back to being friends. "Working with [Joe] has been fine," she adds. "It's been really great."

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com