Tuesday, August 24, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: "Camp Rock 2" with the Jo Bros and Demi Lovato!


he Jonas Brothers have known songstress/actress Demi Lovato since the first "Camp Rock" movie on the Disney Channel in 2008. As singers Mitchie and Shane, Demi and Joe Jonas forged a friendship that has lasted, in various forms, since then. Now the gang is back together in "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam", starting on the network Sept. 3rd and we sat down with all of them!

 

TeenHollywood: Are you guys still really "living the dream" or has it started to tarnish a little bit?

Kevin: The dream living us?

TeenHollywood: Yeah.

Joe: We are on Season 2 on the show but I know what you mean. But as we get older, it seems like we love it more and more. I think we learned that it's important to take time and rest and that means not doing anything. But, at the end of the day, we don't want to stop this ride. It's a great opportunity for us to live out our dreams so we're looking forward to, hopefully, the rest of our lives doing this.

TeenHollywood: Kevin you were on "Minute to Win It" in the Spring. What was that like?

Kevin: We work with Disney but we have an option to do almost anything so that was a huge opportunity but to do as well as I did was great. To win 350 thousand dollars for our charity was incredible as was having the support of my family and my wife. It was awesome. I didn't know which games they would play. There are like 50 of them. Luckily, I practiced some of them including that one called "Keep the Change" which people were amazed by.

TeenHollywood: Nick, you sing a really cute song called "Introducing Me" in "Camp Rock 2". Is anything you say to describe yourself in the song really you or just something you wrote for the character?

Nick: Some of it is me. But there's a line that says 'I'm not really into cars'...which isn't true [we laugh]. I love cars. I have a couple of cars. It's one of my biggest passions so singing that line was tough 'I can't do it'

TeenHollywood: That is a really fast-moving song. Did you have to record it a lot because you messed up the lyrics?

Nick: It was hard but the amazing part about it is it was a lot easier to sing when it was fast. I guess the rhythm and where you take the rests was easier than when it was at a slower point. It's like running a marathon.

Kevin: I think the fans will understand if you do it on tour and don't get it right every night. I think it's pretty funny though if he can't get through it and he just falls apart.

Nick: Like tripping in a race.

TeenHollywood: Nick is portrayed as something of a klutz in the TV movie. Is that true?

Kevin: That would be me or Joe.

Joe: It's definitely happened on stage where.. well, I'm good at falling. It's been on YouTube many times.

TeenHollywood: How embarrassing is that?

Joe: Sometimes it's funny. I laugh at it. It's important to laugh at yourself and that shows I'm not trying to hide who I am; sometimes klutzy on stage.

TeenHollywood: Joe, Demi has answered my question about the awesome, powerful song you both sing in 'Camp Rock 2' "I Wouldn't Change a Thing"

Joe: Thanks for saying "awesome and powerful".

TeenHollywood: Well I think it is. She was saying that some of the power from that comes from the long relationship you two have had; the ups and downs.

Joe: Yeah, I'd say, going on what she said, to have a really good relationship with anybody, you have to have some ups and downs to appreciate what it is. For me and Demi, I think we both realize nobody is perfect and we do care for each other's imperfections.

TeenHollywood: How much of a game plan do you guys have for your future music? Are you going to change it as you get older?

Nick: I think we take it one step at a time. We have a master plan. Do this for a long time.

Joe: [sinister voice] Take over the world!

Nick: And enjoy each step of the way. We're in no rush to age ourselves up. We're growing in our own time. Our music is growing and we're learning more and more each day with each show we play. We feel like we're trying to master our craft and with the acting as well, we're just getting started and have a long way to go but we enjoy it and we're blessed to have people believe in us.

Kevin: Completely.

TeenHollywood: What actor or musical star would you like to be like?

Joe: As an actor we look up to Daniel Craig [the latest James Bond]. I think he's really a fantastic actor in our own time.

Kevin: Dean Martin. Dean Martin [vintage singer] is awesome. Guys like Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis.

Nick: And when you look back at Elvis Presley. He did movies as well as music

Kevin: The triple threat is coming back. You couldn't do a movie if you weren't a triple threat way back then. You had to sing, dance and be an incredible actor. You look at musical movies like Singing in the Rain and now look at shows like "Glee". It's the triple threat thing.

Joe: Well, we could be a triple threat but we don't dance.

Kevin: I know so we're lacking in that area.

Nick: Okay, we're a double threat.

Joe: But we can try.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com